Monday, November 7, 2011

Baby B's Flame Chevron Blanket

I've finally finished this Flame Chavron blanket I started in June for little Baby B. The lace pattern creates a really cool flow and is easy to learn once you get going. I think it's just the needle size that makes it take awhile.


FINAL SIZE:
34" long x 24" wide
YARN: Linea Pura, Lana Grossa, Organic Soy, Cotton and Bamboo
AMOUNT: Approx 4 balls (they are 50g, 110m each)
NEEDLES: US 8


CO 95 sts (pattern is worked over a multiple of 7 sts + 4, + 14 sts for border)

Start by knitting 10 rows of Seed Stitch (K1, P1)

(K1, P1) for 7 sts, place marker. Follow chart below for Row 1. Place marker, (K1, P1) for 7 sts.

Only RS rows are shown on the chart. When working WS rows, P all sts.

Continue to follow the chart starting and ending each row with 7 sts of Seed Stitch for border.

I followed this complete chart a total of 7 times. Once you finish the last row, Seed Stitch (K1, P1) for 10 rows, BO and weave in ends.

Make sure to block the finished blanket to open up the lace pattern.

TIP: Only the red section repeats which I couldn't see very well in my printout on my first row. Make sure you highlight that somehow if you print out the chart to carry with you. The chart can be found here.


Thanks to Barbara G. Walker's A Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns and at Knitty

No comments:

Post a Comment