Monday, August 23, 2010

Tumba Shawl Jacket


This was my second sweater project and it was so much fun! I love this pattern and it went quickly on the larger size needles. This pattern is free and can be found here at www.naturallycaron.com

I used the specified yarn in a different color, Ocean Spray, and made the 18 month size. I love the way the collar looks and was happy I didn't have to pick up and knit any stitches at all! I wonder a little about the yarn. Personally, I really don't like working with Acrylic, although this had some Merino Wool in it too which helped to soften it.


If you have not made a sweater before than this one could be a really fun first attempt. You'll learn a few new techniques that I think any intermediate knitter could pick up with the help of some you-tube videos.

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I made this jacket some years ago and I loved the results. I am knitting another one just like it, but I'm having trouble understanding the shawl shaping instructions. I guess I forgot how to do it!
    Will you kindly clarify the instructions for me? A step by step example would help. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete